David Smith, Untitled (Candida), 1965. © 2019 The Estate of David Smith, Licensed by VAGA at Artists Rights Society (ARS), NY. Courtesy YSP. Photo © Jonty Wilde
WIN A WEEKEND BREAK FOR TWO TO YORKSHIRE SCULPTURE INTERNATIONAL
Spend a weekend in September enjoying the delights of the UK’s largest sculpture festival
HOW TO ENTER
To be in with a chance, all you have to do is find the competition post on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and comment on the post telling us why YOU should win the prize and tag who you would bring with you. Creative entries welcome. We will accept entries in any media including words, video, images and GIFs.
We’ll announce the winner at the beginning of September. Good luck!
Closing date: midnight on 1 September 2019
* Prize to be claimed anytime up until 29 September 2019
Terms and Conditions
The competition is run by: Yorkshire Sculpture International (YSI), a project managed by four independent organisations (Henry Moore Institute, Leeds Art Gallery, The Hepworth Wakefield and Yorkshire Sculpture Park).
The lead organisation is the Henry Moore Foundation, Company registration number: 1255762, registered office address The Henry Moore Foundation, Dane Tree House, Perry Green, Much Hadham, Hertfordshire, SH10 6EE
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or over, except employees of the partner galleries and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight on Sunday 1 September 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be considered.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Comment on either our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram post telling us why you should win the prize to visit Yorkshire Sculpture International and tag who you would bring with you. Creative entries welcome. We will accept entries in any media including words, video, images and GIFs.
- YSI reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by YSI.
- YSI is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
- One night’s stay bed and breakfast with full use of leisure facilities at four star Oulton Hall or Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, Leeds
- Curatorial tours of the exhibitions at all four galleries – Henry Moore Institute, Leeds Art Gallery, The Hepworth Wakefield, Yorkshire Sculpture Park and outdoor sculpture in Leeds and Wakefield
- Lunch and afternoon tea at the galleries
- Goody bags of products from our gallery shops
The prize can be claimed at any time up to and including 29 September 2019. YSI will arrange the best time with the winners and organise all elements for them. The winners are responsible for organising their own transport to and from all the venues and the hotel and all meals outside of those offered as part of the prize.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to change or substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by members of the Yorkshire Sculpture International team
- Winners will be notified by DM on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram within 3 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- YSI will notify the winner when and where the prize can be used and organise a schedule for the visit.
- YSI’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winners’ names will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Follow us on social media to keep up-to-date on YSI news