The competition is run by: Yorkshire Sculpture International, in partnership with the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds Art Gallery, The Hepworth Wakefield and Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
FIND THE SCULPTURES FOR INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE DAY
Saturday 29 April is International Sculpture Day, and we’re hosting a competition to win some amazing prizes: a pottery taster day at The Art House in Wakefield plus a goody bag filled with tons of sculpture fun, including books, sculpture kits and free gallery tickets.
- Take a look at these four images depicting a sculpture currently on show at each of our four partner galleries.
- Visit the galleries and find the sculptures shown in these images
- Share your photo of the sculpture to your Instagram story, tagging @ysi_sculpture and telling us where you found it.
- Make sure you’re following us and all the partners
- Tag a friend on the pinned post on @ysi_sculpture
You have four chances to enter, one for each of the partner galleries. Competition closes on Sunday 14 May.
- The prize is as follows:
- 1 x ceramic Throwing Taster Day Workshop at The Art House Wakefield
- 1 x Henry Moore Institute tote
- 3 x Henry Moore Institute posters
- 1 x Leeds Art Gallery tote bag (including zines, postcards and more from Leeds Artist Show)
- 1 x Henry Moore Institute’s latest issues of Essays on Sculpture
- 2 x Yorkshire Sculpture Park visitor tickets
- 2 x Damien Hirst Sketchbooks
- 1 x Robert Indiana Exhibition Guide
- 1 x Robert Indiana postcard pack
- 2 x The Hepworth Wakefield visitor tickets
- 1 x Magdalene Odundo: The Journey of Things catalogue
- 1 x Hepworth Sculpture Kit
- The ceramic Throwing Taster Day Workshop at The Art House Wakefield is valid until 29/05/24, and can be booked with the YSI team (an email address will be provided to winner).
- The pair of YSP tickets are valid until 29/05/24, on one date, check YSP opening hours for details. Tickets are non-refundable and must be booked in advance, for a date of your choice, by emailing Yorkshire Sculpture Park (an email address will be provided to winner).
- The pair of The Hepworth Wakefield tickets are valid until 29/05/24, on one date, check hepworthwakefield.org for details. Tickets are non-refundable and must be booked in advance, for a date of your choice, by emailing The Hepworth Wakefield (an email address will be provided to winner).
- The competition is open to anyone living in the UK, except employees of YSI and the partner galleries and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on our website and Instagram profiles and on display in the partner galleries.
- Up to four entries per person will be accepted – one for each of the partner venues.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight on Sunday 14 May 2023. After this date no further entries to the competition will be considered.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Yorkshire Sculpture International reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Henry Moore Institute.
- Yorkshire Sculpture International is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- There will be one winner selected at random.
- The winner will be notified by direct messaging on Instagram/email within a month of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Yorkshire Sculpture International’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- All entrants agree to the use of their name and entry in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.